Academic year 2022/2023
- Course ID
- Elisa Truant (Lecturer)
- Degree course
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - Curriculum: Finance and Accounting
- 2nd year
- Teaching period
- First Term
- Course disciplinary sector (SSD)
- SECS-P/07 - business administration and management
- Formal authority
- Type of examination
- Written and oral
Sommario del corso
The course aims to train students on the logics and tools of stratgic planning and Business Plan, useful to drive and empower managers to the global objectives of the firm. The course focuses on how to turn the business plan into reality, also enhancing to understand what our counterparts call a business plan in different moments and contexts.
Results of learning outcomes
At the end of the course student is expected to be able to:
- knowing and understanding the logic of strategic planning, particularly
referring to business planning; knowing and understanding their main mechanisms and features
- applying knowledge about the business plan to managerial issues
- making judgements to critically analyse the issue and selected solutions
discussed in the business cases studies
- using communication skills to discuss, during the lessons, the business cases
studies individually or in team, using appropriate supports
- using learning skills to ongoing verify the learning degree of the managerial
logic, also and in particular through the business cases study and discussion.
- Firm's strategy and planning
- Conceptual models and tools for strategic planning
- The cycle of strategy-planning-budgeting-reporting
- What is a business plan?
- The Business Plan Structure and content
- The economic and financial plan
- Let's build a BP: Group work
The course is characterized by frontal lessons in order to deepen the content of the business plan, through a theoretical lens and case studies. Group work will also be carried out with students in order to build a start-up business model.
Learning assessment methods
The exam consists of two parts: the successful completion of the group work, focused on a start-up business model, and the final written exam. The group work is discussed in class and gives to the students 5 points. The final written exam consists of closed an open questions.
The final mark is 30/30.
Suggested readings and bibliography
Slides, articles and business cases are available from Moodle website
- Enrollment opening date
- 01/03/2020 at 00:00
- Enrollment closing date
- 31/12/2022 at 23:55